Are you looking for recipes for Christmas goodies? I have several in my new Sports Nutrition Guidebook.
No Bake Peanut Butter Bites
Here’s a tasty treat that fits nicely into an afternoon snack. Perfect for hungry kids coming home from school, or hungry athletes after a workout. Bet you can’t eat just one…
Developed by Smart Balance, this recipe is one of many at www.SmartBalance.com.
½ cup chunky peanut butter
1/3 cup powdered sugar
¼ teaspoon vanilla
¼ cup granola cereal
¼ cup graham cracker crumbs (1 sheet of graham cracker, crushed)
Optional: ¼ cup mini chocolate chips
1. In a medium bowl, using a spoon, combine the peanut butter, powdered sugar, and vanilla. Mix well.
2. Stir in the granola (and chocolate chips).
3. Shape into a large ball. Pinch off pieces and shape into 15 balls, about 1 inch in diameter.
4. Crush 1 sheet of graham crackers and place the crumbs in a shallow bowl. Lightly coat the balls (and discard any remaining crumbs).
5. Store in an airtight container at room temperature.
Yield: 15 Peanut butter bites
Total calories: 1,125
75 calories per Peanut butter bite
6 g Carbohydrates
2 g Protein
5 g Fat