Recipe for No-Bake Peanut Butter Bites
Here’s a tasty treat that’s easy to make — and popular with athletes who don’t like to cook. These no-bake peanut butter bites fit nicely into an afternoon snack. They are perfect for hungry kids coming home from school, or hungry athletes after a workout. I’ll bet you can’t eat just one! This recipe is just one of many family favorites in my Sports Nutrition Guidebook.
1/2 cup (130 g) chunky peanut butter
1/3 cup (30 g) powdered sugar
1/4 teaspoon vanilla
1/4 cup granola cereal
1/4 cup (30 g) graham cracker crumbs (1 sheet of graham cracker, crushed
Optional: 1/4 cup mini chocolate chips
- In a medium bowl, using a spoon, combine the peanut butter, powdered sugar, and vanilla. Mix well.
- Stir in the granola (and chocolate chips).
- Shape into a large ball. Pinch off pieces and shape into 15 balls, about 1 inch (2.5 cm) in diameter.
- Crush graham crackers and place the crumbs in a shallow bowl. Lightly coat the balls (and discard any remaining crumbs).
- Store in an airtight container at room temperature.
Yield: 15 peanut butter bites
Nutrition information: 1,125 total calories; 75 calories per peanut butter bite; 6 g carbohydrate; 2 g protein; 5 g fat