If you have time to kick back and read a few books this summer, here are a few recommendations that might suit your fancy. Of course, these are new nutrition books!
- The Protein-Packed Breakfast Club by Lauren Harris-Pincus MS, RDN http://nutritionstarringyou.com/protein-packed-breakfast-club/
- The Mom’s Guide to a Nourishing Garden by Jen Haugen RDN http://www.jenhaugen.com/book/
- Gluten Free: The Definitive Resource Guide by Shelley Case RD https://shelleycase.com/book/
- Food Truths from Farm to Table: 25 Surprising Ways to Shop & Eat Without Guilt by Michele Payn https://causematters.com/books/
- 365 Snacks for Every Day of the Year by Sarah Koszyk MA, RD http://www.sarahkoszyk.com/store/
- Body Kindness: Transform Your Health from the Inside Out – and Never Say Diet Again by Rebecca Scritchfield, RDN http://www.bodykindnessbook.com/the-book/
- Diabetes Meal Planning Made Easy 5th Edition by Hope Warshaw MMSc, RD, CDE http://www.hopewarshaw.com/books/diabetes-meal-planning-made-easy
- Expect the Best: Your Guide to Healthy Eating Before, During, and After Pregnancy 2nd Edition by Elizabeth Ward MS, RD https://betteristhenewperfect.com/books/
These new titles have been read, reviewed and recommended by Melissa Dobbins RD. She is the host of Sound Bites podcast. If you can’t sit still long enough to read a book, you can at least listen to her excellent nutrition information: http://www.soundbitesrd.com/podcast-2/
With best wishes for a happy, healthy and yummy summer,
PS, Of course, you might also want to read Nancy Clark’s Sports Nutrition Guidebook. It’s a best-seller and winner that can help you reach your food, weight and exercise goals.